Green tea extract
Green tea extract Details
Green tea extracts exhibit stronger antioxidant protection for human body than vitamin C and vitamin E. Scavenging effect of lipid free-radicals (one antioxidant property) of polyphenols in green tea extracts can be clearly observed in experiments. The ability of GTP in green tea extracts to eliminate lipid-derived free radicals is noticeably stronger (almost 50 times) than that of ginkgo biloba extracts. Further investigations indicate that the boosting level of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione dismutase (GSHPx) may account for the inhibitory effect of GTC against lipid oxidation (rancidification). It should be mentioned that from the antioxidant perspective, green tea extracts are, generally speaking, more effective than black tea extracts due to the better preservation of catechins.
Moreover, the anticarcinogenic property make the green tea extracts a hotspot in recent scientific researches. In many experiments, green tea extracts show inhibitory effects on cancer cells. In vitro assays, Catechin and caffeine, which are main components in green tea extracts, block the cell cycle of cancer cells (cytotoxicity) and induce programmed cell death; in vivo, green tea extracts also inhibits prostatic carcinoma transplanted in nude mice.
In addition, green tea extracts also contain a wide-ranged anti-inflammatory characteristics, so it may be helpful in treating chronic inflammatory states. The bactericidal activity against S.mutans is conspicuous in Japanese green tea extracts, and the maltose level in mouth is consistently lower after drinking tea. Therefore, green tea extracts may be effective in oral hygiene maintenance.
Main function of green tea extract
1) Eliminating free radicals
4) Inhibiting cancer cell
5) Antibacterium, sterilization and deodorization
Main application of green tea extract
1) Applied in food field, it is used as natural antioxidant, antistaling agent, and anti-fading agents.
2) As cosmetics and daily chemical additive, it owns the effect of anti-wrinkle and anti-Aging. It can dispel spot, prevent and treat skin disease and sensibility, decayed tooth, dental plaque, periodontitis and halitosis, protect skin from the harmful solar ray and prevent skin cancer.
3) Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is used to prevent and cure cardiovascular disease, diabetes. It owns the effect of sterilization and antivirus. It is available as raw material of subsidiary and healthcare medcine.
Packing&Storage of green tea extract
Package: 25kgs/drum,double plastic-bag inside, aluminum foil bag or fiber drum outside.
Storage: Stored in a clean, cool, dry area; keep away from moisture and strong, direct light/heat.
Shelf Life:Two years when properly stored.